Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Objectivity With Ground Roots Bloggers and Viral Videos?

Okay I must admit I like to sensationalize headlines sometimes; but I've worked in the media for serval years, and headlines are what sells newspapers. I guess I've carried that to my blog as well. After reading this, I think I'll add a small editorial piece when I aggerate news reports. I'll leave the reporting to the reporters and make future YouTube videos as objective as can be.
YouTube recently created a citizen reporters' centre. Proponents say there's something about a story reported by a citizen witnessing news events before their eyes that sends a more powerful message, and it's this type of emotional response that drives action among citizens. However, critics say citizen journalism can lack objectivity.
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/more.jsp?content=20090708_093016_8460

No comments:

Post a Comment